Sunday, September 16, 2012

Camping, A New Kitten and Sickness

It's been a quiet and busy time lately. Camping in Sharbot Lake was pretty fun, even though it was a long time ago now. Oops...just been so busy that I kept forgetting to write in a blog entry. :/ Unfortunately for camping it was a really, really hot period, humid here and there, so it was ridiculous. But it was good, we just relaxed, played with my camera taking pictures of the area and doing some night painting, night photography, and the such like. I was really tired then, as I was suffering kidney stones then, which really sucked. But the yeast infection was gone by the time I camped so it was a good thing. I was trying to get myself back together so that I could enjoy camping and all that but it was difficult as I was laid up a lot of the summer as it was, being so tired and in pain a lot. Yuck! Heh...but things got better and improved after a few weeks. Camping was mostly just Steve and I just relaxing and stuff like that, going snorkeling, swimming and just talking, and the such like. It was nice, and Steve bought some games to play while camping there. He got ladderball, which I had never played or heard about, so I learned how to and it was pretty fun.

My mom and John came by in the middle of our camping, just to hang out and relax at the campsite. I was not feeling good that day so I just stayed at the shore and relaxed with my mom who's not a huge fan of swimming and just caught up on news. We talked, played some ladderball and swam and the such like, my mom and John hadn't been to the campsite before so we were talking to them about it, and just swimming and chatting it up. *smile* We had some steaks, and because when Steve and I had first arrived to the campsite, we found that we couldn't have fires all day until after 7pm in the night up till 11pm. That were the hours I could have a fire, so it was a bit late to have supper, but I got used to it after a couple of days there. My mom decided to bring her little propane BBQ with her so that we could have supper whenever we wanted, and they brought over some steaks so it was good...pretty yummy. It was funny though, at one point in the evening after we finished our supper, dark clouds came right to us, and everyone could hear thunder in the distance so my mom and John decided it was time to leave quickly, right after supper. It was crazy. They had to gather up everything and bring it up the hill and back down and up...it was a little crazy, but they got out before the thunderstorm arrived. It was just thunderstorms, no actual rain really. Steve and I hid under the tarp that Steve had set up for camping, and there was no rain, just a lot of lightening and thunder. I ended up going in the tent after a while as I got a bit nervous sitting out in the thunderstorm. But no rain came down really. When it was over, we just came out and relaxed again. The next day we realized that it was really, really, really hot - it was 45C with the humidity so it was unbearable, at least for me...Steve thought it was nice, but hot. *laughs* He thinks that 30-35 is the perfect temperature. But it got to him too, so we were trying to handle the heat but it really got to me and I couldn't handle it anymore, so we both decided to pack up and hole up in an air conditioned car and head home. We had left a day early but it wasn't too bad really. The temperatures most of the summer had been ridiculously hot really so it was bad. No fun!

You can see the video from the Sharbot Lake camping here, I am not a huge fan of it, with a lot of shots of me with the swim goggles and snorkel...heh:

Sharbot Lake Camping 2012 from Steve Savage on Vimeo.


It was a good time. When I got back home, I found that my macro lens that I had ordered from Opteka had arrived, so I had to pick it up at the post office. I got it, and then started testing it out. It's a macro lens that I could just attach over my standard lens and it'd zoom in more than the standard lens could. It was very different trying to work with it, but it was kind of cool. Heh. I got it, and then was surprised by how heavy it was. Wow. I attached it and then tried taking a few photos of stuff close up, and it seemed to work out pretty well. Though it doesn't work with auto focus, but it works really well with manual. I'm so used to using auto focus because I tend to take pictures too blurry as I keep shooting too fast. Heh. So with this I have to really be careful when I shoot - it'll be a slow process, but it's interesting, that's for sure.

We went to a sushi place, Kochi Sushi, a Japanese restaurant the day after we came back from camping and it was quite good. I think we would probably return there again sometime, but it was quite good. There were so many different choices for sushi, but it was tasty! Definitely...heh.

Steve was invited to his friend, Vince's house for dinner again, and he had to go work on his computer to fix something that he had given Vince earlier, so I went with him to see everybody again. I had met them a few months back and they were very nice people. This time was quiet, I ended up just watching TV and just seeing what was going on as Steve was trying to figure out Vince's computer for him and work on it. We both were still pretty tired from the heat of the summer and coming back from camping so...oh well! It was a nice dinner though, and I got to see the gardens that Vince's wife had, so it was pretty nice. We had lasagna there, and every herb and vegetable that were in the lasagna and the salads, were from their garden. It was quite tasty. I do like gardens, but I am not entirely an expert when it comes to produce gardening. I know how to grow flowers, but not grow a garden really. The food was really good though.

I was trying to get Steve to give me ideas on what he wanted for his birthday as it was coming up on the 19th of August, so I asked him what he wanted, and what he wanted to do, and stuff like that...so he started looking up on things he wanted and told me what he wanted. Man, he wanted expensive stuff! Haha...so I had to go out to Kingston and pick up stuff for him at Henry's, and I had to do it with him. I don't exactly have my own car and cannot drive Steve's car myself at all with it being a standard. *laughs* So I had to get him to take me there so that I could purchase his items. It wasn't much of a surprise for him, but I did keep the gift till his birthday so he would actually feel like he was getting something new! I got him a LCD screen for his GoPro camera along with an extra battery.

My mom and John came visiting a few days after Steve's birthday, to take me out for groceries and buy me food I needed, since I was getting low on money for the month, so my mom decided to treat me and take me out to get groceries. It was good, because I then found that there was a fresh vegetable and fruit place, Tincap Berry Farm, just 5 minutes away from my place. I didn't even know it was there, so it was something new to try. The fruits and vegetables I got there were actually quite good. Soon after we finished purchasing the food, my mom wanted to try one of the strawberries and she was all, oh my God! We all had a strawberry and it was really, really sweet, sweeter than I have ever had it before! *laughs* Really good. It's funny, the name wouldn't make you think that it would be a good place to be at with "Tincap" in the title but it was still pretty good. *laughs* And they don't just sell berries, they sell everything else as well. Funny name for a produce place.

It's funny at one point a few days later, Steve needed parts for his computer so that he could run his software to do the camping video a bit quicker, as it was taking forever for it to get finished with his software running so slowly, so we went out to Staples one day so he could pick up a better video card and the such like, and while we were looking around I saw that they were selling the Wacom Bamboo Capture pen and tablet kit for a good price, and I had heard about it through Vince's wife, who says that his kids love using it. He was telling me I should get one, and it makes drawing on the computer so much easier, and I wasn't too sure, because I used to have a really old Wacom tablet (when it was first released back in the 90s or something like that!) a long time ago and it was not exactly that good. Heh. He was telling me it was good, after all his kids use it all the time. So, okay then. So Steve got me the Wacom Bamboo Capture, saying that it was his early birthday present to me - as of two months! *laughs* I thought it was a bit crazy, but oh well. I have it on my desk right now, but I am trying not to use it that much till after my birthday, then I'll experiment with it a bit more. Heh. So far with the little I've used it, it seems pretty smooth and easy to use.

One day Steve decided he wanted to get up just before sunrise so to take video of the sunrise. He told me about what he wanted to do and I was like, okay, you can do that yourself. But he wanted me to go with him, so I was all, but that's soooo early! *laughs* Oh well, it was just ridiculously early, that's for sure. Haha...I finally gave in and went with him the next day at sunrise, and we went to Prescott to their waterfront to take pictures of the sunrise. It was still dark when I got up so it was difficult to wake up... *laughs* I forced myself to get up, got dressed, and then headed out. I was really, really tired but I was ready to go in like 5 minutes and then we headed out...it was pretty cool in the morning so it kind of woke me up as well. We then went to the waterfront, walked around and tried to get good places, good settings to take pictures of the sunrise. It was actually pretty cool. Just watching all the colours change as the sun rose, so it was pretty cool and I liked some of the photos I took. Though, that day I actually went back to sleep once I got back home after I looked at the photos on the computer and edited some of them. Heh.

You can see Steve's video on the dawn here:

River Dawn from Steve Savage on Vimeo.


He entered it for a contest, "Wetter is Better" just for the fun of it - he normally never enters Vimeo contests but he decided to try this one. He enjoyed making the video and taking it, so why not. Heh...it was fun, though just a hour I normally am not awake at. *laughs* It was cool though.

The next little while Steve was getting busy at work, so I started just doing things back home, cleaning up and some random stuff. I started going through my computer and cleaning it up, and I realized I had the Breaking Bad series I hadn't caught up with yet - Steve had been watching the newest season and was all oh my God, about it, so I figured I should catch up with the seasons and be on the same level as Steve. *laughs* I think I had two seasons left to watch, season 3 and 4, so I watched it all, along with the new season. I had stopped at the 2nd season because it was getting very strange and a bit iffy for me to watch. But I really got into the third and fourth, and kept on watching through Season 5 till it ended. It was cool. Crazy, but pretty cool. Now I'm slowly going through Weeds, though I still have like four seasons left to watch. *laughs* It's ridiculous really, so much shows to watch and catch up on. *sigh* But I'm getting there, the shows that I keep finding on Showtime or weird channels are really good...I've found Dexter, which is great, along with Breaking Bad, and now Weeds. All of them are pretty crazy but really good. I also have Burn Notice, Steve has said it's really good but I just have so many series to watch that I'm getting a bit cross-eyed from watching so many shows. But August has been a good month for that - it's been really hot and I was constantly tired, so I was just relaxing and watching TV a bit, catching up and trying to keep cool.

Steve finally was free a weekend, over Labour Day weekend, so we both went out to a park in Brockville and I took some photos, playing around with my new macro lens, along with Steve filming. I was just taking pictures of the park and then we actually switched up and I took video of Steve while he took pictures, which was so awkward for me. Filming is really not my thing, but it was silly really. Heh. I and Steve got some good photos, and Steve got a different type of video out. It's in this video:

7D In The Afternoon from Steve Savage on Vimeo.


One day Steve was surfing through the net for stuff up for buying, so he searched cats, and found that there was a new litter of kittens out and he loved how they looked, and wanted to go look at them. They were just 10 bucks per kitten, and he wanted the kitten that was in the photo. There were only three photos of the same kitten not the rest of them, so he was all, I want that kitten! So we headed out last Sunday evening to look at the litter, and they brought out the two that weren't in the pictures, a black and orange one, and one medium gray one, but not the same one as was in the picture. They were pretty cute, but Steve was determined that he wanted the light gray one, as was photographed in the picture, so they brought her out. Steve was like, I want that kitten. Nothing new with that. He was talking to the woman that had the litter, along with one of her daughters. Her son was in love with the kitten that Steve wanted, always was playing with that one. I asked to see the mother, and see what she was like. She was a very mellow cat and very affectionate. I'm not used to that, so I wasn't sure if the kitten may be like that, but the mother was very nice and all that, so hopefully the kitten would turn out to be pretty good. Just have to wait and see I guess.

The kitten is of course, going to be Steve's kitten. So he had to pick a name and all that, but I unfortunately got stuck with trying to train the kitten around the place. It's not so easy. Yikes! I'm really not used to having a kitten around...she's so hyper and pretty crazy around here, running around and jumping up around here. It's insane. She's eaten some of my plants which has been not good at all, and she has clawed some of my furniture. A lot of the furniture in the apartment is mine, so of course, she has clawed some of them, and I've been trying to calm her down, by playing with her when I can, with cat toys and strings and stuff like that. It's been insane. I'm really not used to it - I'm used to old cats - Violet is 11 years old, so that's pretty old actually. Heh. She's just mellow and likes to lie around a lot. With the kitten, the kitten runs around a lot, scratches a lot, bites a lot...ouch. Hopefully that'll calm down, it's slowly starting to...all wait and see of course. Steve came up with a name for her a few days ago, finally, a couple of days after we got her, which is Professor Purrsworth the 4th. And no, I don't call her by her full name, just Purrsworth. Thank God! It's a little weird, yes, but she does purr a lot, even when she's playing, which is a little weird...normally cats purr when they are content and relaxed, not when they are playing but okay then. New for me.

The weird thing is when we brought in the kitten, Violet really didn't like the idea of having another cat, she was really all resistant to the kitten, who was all over her. *laughs* She gave her one big swipe the first day and Purrsworth got a scratch on her nose, but now the kitten's calmer but still likes to jump all around Violet, who really gets cranky and doesn't like it at all. *smile* Oh well. Not much I can do about that. That's been the time period lately. Crazy but at least it's keeping me busy.

I went in for my physical with my new doctor in the end of August, and got my thyroid checked. I had been feeling really tired and not so great most of the summer, but that could have something to do with me being sick a lot in the summer. So I asked my doctor to check my thyroid, and she sent me out for a blood test. It's been a few weeks since the check up, and there's been no calls from her, so I guess it was pretty much normal. Sad for me. Oh well, don't know how I'm going to figure out why I've been so tired, so sleepy. I'm sleeping so many hours through the summer, so it was kind of driving me crazy. I hate being sick with no answers! *laughs* But hopefully things will get better as the weather cools down - I'm slowly feeling an improvement in my health, which is a little odd to me. All wait and see I guess! Heh. I made another appointment with her though, because in the last appointment I forgot to bring the papers for taxes for her to fill out. So I have to bring it in and maybe ask her what she thinks the tiredness is from. Probably just the heat from the summer, which is a bit crazy. *laughs* I used to love the heat, but I guess it's not a good thing for me anymore, unfortunately, and that's something that's making Steve sad as he loves the heat himself. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment