Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Upcoming Cottage Vacation, and Other Stuff

I’ve just been busy lately on trying to improve myself that I haven’t really had the chance to really think about things.  Which is really good! *smile*  And when I do relax, my head starts spinning again so it becomes annoying.  That’s not so great.  I am still exercising, but not as much as I was before…I was doing exercises in the mornings, walking nights and everything so I was almost on a high…now I am trying to settle myself down, now that I’m getting exhausted, and very sore, and especially now that I have gotten some graphic design work to do, and need to sit down and focus on the work.  I had been talking to new people and a lot of them, once they find out what I do workwise, they ask me to do something for them.  Which has been…odd.  I was on a dating site, so I don’t know why I’m getting work, but I have no complaints.  I’m not looking for relationships anyway.  Heh…

Oh, I also have been keeping busy eating elsewhere…I bought all this food for when my ex was supposed to come by in his holidays and my mom keeps asking me over for dinner so that I wouldn’t eat alone…so my fridge and freezer are still full.  It’s so crazy. *laughs*  I ended up throwing out a bunch of stuff the other day, so it’s improving. *smile* A while back, I had a BBQed steak, and that was very good…then the next day my mom’s boyfriend’s brother, Boris and Carol both invited them and me over for dinner, and it was steak again.  *shakes head*  I was so stuffed after eating, and so sick of steak by then with having it two days in a row…I eat a lot less than I used to, so it’s good. I barely ate my entire plate, at Boris and Carol’s, it was just so filling. *smile*  Oh well.  I even went for a swim at their apartment’s pool and it was interesting…all day it was humid and hot, and once we finally got down there, around 5, it had cooled down considerably, so by the time I got in the pool the water had become cool. *laughs* I still got in and took a bit of a swim.  I’m still achy all over from the crazy push-push I did when I first started the exercises with bodyrock.tv…so when I exercise now, it’s a lot less, but still, not entirely painful anymore so it’s good…I’m just trying to push myself less. *smile*  I really need my energy to get back to where it never was for a long time so I’m good with that. Haha…and the exercises are really working for that.

Well, I had a swim and dinner at Boris and Carol’s place, and afterwards, Boris surprised me by giving me a homemade stuffed rabbit, made out entirely of men’s wool socks that he had bought.  I was thrown. *L* I have no idea why they did that, but it was interesting. *L* They know what I’ve been through so they were just trying to cheer me up and being silly.  They tend to say that they really love having me around and over, and talking with them.  It was good, I was not in such a bad shape the night I went over…it varies every day actually so it’s a little weird. *smile* I usually do much better when I’m with people and talking with family. Hehe…I think too much, I think. I get told that quite often. ;)

My mom finally found and booked a cottage, in Gananoque, for the week of July 9th to 16th… it took her a long time and a lot of jumping around on different cottages, wow!  But she already got this one and it’s a four bedroom cottage which is crazy. *smile* It was affordable so that’s why they got it, but they love it…they actually got to see it a bit when they went down to pay the woman the fee for the cottage. *smile*  They really liked it.  So it’ll be interesting to see how it turns out to be…I know John, me and Mom are going for sure, and Boris and Carol may go for a few days or the full week, I have no idea… Maybe John’s sons will go.  Funny.  All wait and see of course.  I’m looking forward to going there…gonna be doing a bit of swimming, if the water is going to be warm enough and just being outside a bit…They keep telling me that if I want to bring anyone I can, but I have no idea who else that I know wants to go, especially at that date.  So not much I can do about it…Everyone I’m talking to lately are still too new to even consider inviting them so it’s okay…Oh well. *smile*

Hmm, what else?  I’ve been trying to figure out how to add a RSS feed onto my website, so that I don’t have to always have to copy and paste all the journal entries from WordPress on to my website.  Since I couldn’t figure it out on my website control panel I asked the people there, and they were telling me I had to have it in a completely different kind of hosting service.  So I switched it over, and when it’s up, hopefully there’ll be something that will get the WordPress entries to just load automatically.  It’d be so nice…I like to be able to write in a journal and not worry about adding it on to my website…I rather have it just automatically be added.  So I think I’m getting closer to that step. *smile*  I’ve just been focusing pretty much on dumb things right now, but at least it’s distracting. Haha…

It’s funny, the other day I was actually thinking of getting a dog.  Just for company…my cat is nice company but she’s not always around, so it’s all right.  She’s always hiding somewhere or running off somewhere.  ;)  She’s often outside hiding in the garage, it makes it so hard to find her sometimes. :/  She would get locked in and we wouldn’t even know. *laughs*  I would be wondering where she would be, and then we’d check the garage and she’d be lying on the floor there, or on the items that are stored there.  Hehe…she’s crazy.  Violet knows I’m in a better shape than I was before…for a while there she was always by my side and kissing up to me, and making sure I gave her my attention.  It was weird actually, never seen a cat do that, but that’s what Violet has been doing…she’s been leaving me alone again because I’ve been doing better so it’s not bad right now.  *smile*  I was just thinking it’d be nice to get a dog, for company, and something to walk with and do things with…but I’m just not sure yet. I think I’m just thinking too much, and dogs are expensive too. *laughs*

Oh yeah, I went to meet someone I had been talking to for a very short time in my cell phone…he doesn’t use the internet, and told me he would think about getting me to work at where he works at, Smallworld Media…he knows I’m a graphic designer and said he would try something like that…I told him to go ahead, I did apply there a long time ago and they never responded back so nothing I can do about that.  Anyway, I met him the other day over the weekend, and it was a little strange…he was talking about his separation, and how recent it was…and then went on to say that he’d be interested in sleeping with me and that sort of thing, I had to back off.  I told him I was actually just looking for friends, people to talk to, that’s it…so if he wanted more, I couldn’t be the person to give it to him.  For one he’s recently separated, as in two months now, and I barely know him at the moment so uh-huh…not someone I can be interested in.  I had to tell him that.  I hate that part…but hopefully he’s okay with it, he still talks to me after all…not in depth talks but just light surface talks, it never seemed to improve after we met.  So it’s a little odd. *smile*  I went to the waterfront with him, and we sat down for like 5-15 minutes and then I told him that since he was not ready to be able to talk to people normally and still was having trouble with the fact that he was separated, that I should go back home. *smile* So I did…so it was a very interesting evening that’s for sure. *L*  He kept looking over his shoulder thinking he was going to see his ex-wife walking around…so that was just odd for me, I thought.  I’m just there to be friends.  But he was expecting more, and I don’t do that. :/  Just all wait and see what happens really.

Oh yes, my ex-husband Eric finally got all of his stuff out of the garage, so he’s now out of my life for good, at least until the divorce…all of his items are now gone from the garage…so I’m so glad about that!  hehe…I even went out with my mom to talk to Jack, my ex’s mom’s boyfriend, my mom wanted to know how he was, as she knew that he had cancer before, and wanted to see how he was…he seemed to be doing a lot better, and all that, so he was all joking around and being silly, while Eric and Ben brought in all the big stuff from the garage.  So that was a good thing to hear.  Once they were done, they left, so it was interesting, it was all a huge relief for me. ;)   Just have one more thing to do, file for divorce, which would be nice. *smile* But I’m not really in a big rush anyway, after all I’m still single so it’s all right. *smile*  And my mom was telling me to try eHarmony for dating, as I was complaining about POF being full of weird people, though it has improved the past few days, and when I tried to register for eHarmony, they banned me from going any further, because I was actually separated.  They said that once I had my divorce finalized, I could reapply again.  Wow, what craziness. *L* I didn’t even know that eHarmony did that, but I guess they do.  Haha…Funny though.  So I am continuing on with POF and kind of hoping that the people that I talk to improve.  It seems to be slowly improving… I’m getting less people who are obsessed with sex, and more people who want to talk, so it’s good…just have to see how it turns out. *smile*  It’s hard, as I am only looking for friendship, and there’s a lot of people who seem to think that means more. *rolls eyes*

I’ve also been talking to old exes, and that has been funny.  We broke up for a reason, but we still get along later on. ;)   It’s just funny talking to them nowadays actually.  I also added a Google Adwords thing for my portfolio website, so just seeing if it will work…it hasn’t seemed to, but I need to email my old friend from Ottawa, Eric and ask him about that, he was the one who told me about it…so it’ll be interesting. *smile*  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment