Friday, July 8, 2011

Canada Day, The Patio, and Meeting New People

Wow, what do I say here?

It’s not been that long since my last journal entry, but there has been so much happening that it’s like, wow…*laughs* Oh well. My mom has been taking me out to rent movies here and there, so it’s been good. The first time around I rented the movies, “Just Go With It“, “How Do You Know” and bought two other movies, “The Romantics” and “Morning Glory“… they all were good, though I watched How Do You Know, and it wasn’t all that great, but I think I was distracted watching it so I couldn’t get into it really. :/ But the rest of the movies were good anyway.

My mom also rented the movie “Biutiful“, an Indian movie, with English subtitles. That was a very good movie, but had a really sad ending. :( Oh well. And “The Resident” was a creepy movie, but very good…just saw it the other day and it was creepy. But it was just really good. Haha…

The Canada Day weekend turned out to be really busy for me. *smile* My mom had eye surgery on the day before Canada Day, to get out a lump that she had on her eyelid. She had some sort of bump that was growing in her eyelid, and it had started to interfere with her vision so her eye doctor had to request that she go through surgery to have the bump removed… my mom was telling me about the surgery, and how lovely it was… it sounded gross. haha… She had to have her eyelid opened wide, and flipped inside out, and then an incision was made in the inside of the lid to get out the bump, and she said that all she could hear was, oh my God! It was leaking all this stuff out, and then a hard bit came out and she’s having that checked. Then they closed it up and put her eyelid back down and she has to let it heal. It was a little gross hearing about it all. Hehe…then she came to see me with a lovely eye patch on…bandaged eye. It was quite funny. ;)

That same night a guy I was talking to a bit, who I got along with really well, decided to ask me to meet up with him to Tim Horton’s for some drinks and to talk and so on… He met me at the intersection near my place, and then we walked over to Tim Hortons’ and then grabbed some drinks, relaxed and chatted it up a bit…we got along really well, and he actually tried to learn sign language…so that was interesting. He knows a lot of other languages so picking up on sign wasn’t too hard for him. It was actually pretty fun. *smile* I enjoyed myself with him so it was good…then on the way back to my place he unexpectedly kissed me. I was thrown, because we had met on the agreement that it was to be platonic, friends only, and the kiss was a surprise. He then got himself back together and walked me to the intersection and then I headed back home, a bit stunned I guess… He was a very nice guy and he wanted to be friends for sure, because he was going to be moving back to Europe after he finished his courses in Queens, so…I guess it was a surprise for me. Oh well. We have talked here and there after, and it seems like I may not hang out with him again because I don’t want to get involved with him and so on…I’m just looking for friends to start and so was he! *laughs* But oh well…he just thinks he cannot do it, because he’s too attracted to me. So, it’s like, oh great. I haven’t had that happen before so this is very strange for me.

The next day was Canada Day and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do…so I talked to another guy I had been talking to a bit and he offered to meet up with me so that we could go and see the fireworks at the waterfront. He was a bit older than me and was looking for friends locally, like myself…he picked me up and then headed out to The Sleepless Goat. He actually forgot his wallet at one point on the drive there, and said he had to turn around to get it. I was a bit unsure and uncomfortable about going to his place while he picked up the wallet, so I decided to get out of the car and wait for him while he got his wallet, and I walked on to downtown Kingston…I think he dropped me off on Montreal St, so that was a little freaky… it’s not the best street at all. haha… Oh well. Then he came back quickly and we headed to The Sleepless Goat. We talked and I saw a guy who was in my classes for graphic design so it was weird. He didn’t recognize me, thankfully, but it was good…it was okay at that place and we just talked, then headed out to the waterfront to watch the fireworks. The fireworks was pretty good this year, and it was unbelievable how many people were at the waterfront. haha…Wow! *smile* I usually sit in a different area, like in the Confederation Park, and I was on the pier this time around so it was a different place to be standing in, but I got a very clear view of the fireworks so that was different. Heh. It was good, and then I was all, I’m going home now…good fireworks, and he asked me if I wanted to go to Fort Henry to check out stuff there, and I opted out, because that was out of the way and wasn’t up to going there with a new person just yet. So he took me home and I then relaxed for the rest of the night. *smile*

I also put in ads for my engagement and wedding rings to sell them, so that was interesting on the number of responses I got for them. Haven’t gotten anyone to actually buy any of them, but I’ll get there. *smile*  And the funny thing is no one actually put in a response for the ruby engagement ring, and it was the one that was raved about, so I assumed that that one would be sold fast, but it hasn’t even had one offer come in for that ring.  Haha… Funny.

It’s funny I watched The Romantics on one Saturday night and I realized that I resembled the character that Katie Holmes was playing, so I began to realize I was a hopeless romantic…which was…um, weird. Haha…I really didn’t expect that at all.

The past week or so I have been watching my mom’s boyfriend work on the back patio… he had his one son help him out on it, so it was interesting. They had to take up the old stones, which looked to be cement blocks…and then even out the ground underneath, and then put down the new stones. It looks pretty good now, much better than it did before. *smile* It looks a lot cleaner and simple, and is even bigger so it’s pretty nice. Heh…You can see the before and after, so it’s pretty cool. John still has to pick up two more stones for two empty spaces, but otherwise it’s all done.

Here’s the before picture, after the old cement blocks were taken out:
Before
The before picture for the patio, all the old cement blocks removed

Now here’s the new patio stones in, still missing a couple in the front corner where all the bags of soil is resting on.  They need to wait for the stones to get in the store so to get it… the other two stones they had before were chipped and broken.

After
The (mostly) finished result of the new patio.


I’ve been talking to old friends and even old exes and they have been terrific in cheering me up and just talking to me, so it’s been pretty fun so far. I’ve also been trying to talk to new people, though I find that to be a bit challenging. Oh, well, I’ll get there.

And I’m heading out to the cottage tomorrow and I’m really looking forward to that. *smile* I’ll be there for a week maybe and just mellowing out with my mom and her boyfriend’s family…so it’ll be fun. There’ll be a lot of swimming to do for me, a lot of stuff to do, so I can’t wait. Going to be a relaxing week.

No comments:

Post a Comment